FAQ and RULES
Uneton48 Rules 2018 - Summary
- To be accepted into competition, your short film has to adhere to the rules. Read them carefully!
- The team leader is responsible for registering the team and paying the registration fee before the competition. In case you have any questions regarding the registration, please contact us through our email email@example.com or through Facebook at U48 Helpdesk.
- Uneton48 reserves the right to make changes to the rules before the competition weekend. The participants will be informed of any changes via email.
Submitting your film
DOWNLOAD and FILL important paperwork:
CREATE Sha1sum code:
FILL and SEND wrap-up form: https://docs.google.com/
UPLOAD your film to Dropbox folder:
2. Competition timeframe
3. Language of the film
4. Length of the film
Your film should be between 1 and 7 minutes in length. This has to include the opening slate (see section 15) and the end credits.
5. Competition Launch
If your team can’t come up with any ideas from the theme they were given, you can exchange your theme to the dreaded “black horse”. The black horse is a particularly tough secret theme, that you can exchange your original theme for by contacting the organizers through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 9pm after the opening ceremony. As a reply, you will receive the black horse theme of 2018. Be warned: the black horse is notoriously difficult, and should not be taken lightly.
Animation: Uneton48 accepts animations. In this case, all animation (whether made by computer or by hand) have to be done within the 48,5 hours. Models used for stop motion animation can be created beforehand. With digital animation, you can use characters that are created beforehand. Otherwise, the same rules apply – the compulsory elements have to be included and the film must be in the given theme. Talent releases must be filled out for any voice actors and other paperwork submitted where applicable.
9. Minors as team members
Good taste Uneton48 is not adult entertainment. Minors can take part in the filmmaking and the movie theatre screenings have an R-12 rating. So, to be in the competition, your film must adhere to the R-12 rating. More information on the ratings can be found on MEKU website (in Finnish).
10. Out of towners
11. Paperwork & Drop Off Instructions
B. On a USB stick to our drop off location. Tape / carve / write your team name on the USB stick. Place it in a C5 envelope and write your team name and film title on it. Deliver it to Uneton48 drop off location café Kolo (Pengerkatu 9, Helsinki), before 7.30pm on Sunday of the competition weekend. Which ever way you drop off your film, you must also fill out and send the online wrap up form: https://docs.google.com/
- Max. resolution 1920 x 1080 px. (HD) Minimum resolution: 1280 x 720 px
- If your aspect ratio is 4:3, pillar box the image within a 16:9 screen (black bars on sides)
- Accepted codecs are h264 and .mp4
- Your file size should be less than 2Gb. To ensure this, check that the combined bit rate of your audio and video is no more than 30mb/s (30 000kbit/s) (Please note that 10mbit/s is perfectly adequate for 1080p)
- Audio 16 / 24 bit and 44.100/48kHz – depending on the codec\
- Your frame rate should be the Finnish standard 25fps.
- File names cannot include special characters. Spaces to replaced by _
- Your finished video should be delivered AS A FILE on a memory stick or by uploading it online.
- Sound will not be compressed for theatre screenings, but peaks are adjusted on the same level.
- Keep a copy of the original master for yourself.
- Use an empty memory stick which contains no other files.
- Label your memory stick with your team name and place it in a C5 envelope that has your team name and the name of your film.
White text on black background. Use sans serif font (such as Arial / Helvetica) so that the text covers appr. 3/4 of the frame. In the end of the film, please add the text “This short film was made as part of Uneton48 Film Festival 2018″
12. FILE FORMATS - Editors, read this!
13. Sponsorship in films
Terms Of Service
For cancellations made prior to 14 days from the event start date, the refund given is 80%. For cancellations made from 14 days prior to the event, the refunded amount is 50%.